We’re trying something new this holiday season — our first Online Auction! We have typically held a Live Auction at our Annual Dinner in March...
Thank you for making the 2018 Dinner & STEM Fair a Success… and We’re Not Done!
Lumity is deeply appreciative to all of our generous supporters who sponsored, donated, and attended our Annual Dinner & STEM Fair on March 15, 2018. Not only did we raise $298,000, the lives of EVERY student who participated in the STEM Fair have been forever changed by this experience.
In case you missed it, the night was jammed packed with lots of wonderful moments:
- Hearing student teams giving their “elevator pitch” to guests during the reception.
- Seeing the top two scoring student teams, The Humble Beast and Thunderbirds, give their full presentations.
- Having students interested in STEM, Danielle and Natalia, interview the dynamic 28-year-old rocket scientist, Megan Jensen
- Hearing Principal Anna Pavichevich share her journey, and Lumity’s contributions, in transforming the trajectory of Amundsen High School and obtaining the highest rating possible at Chicago Public Schools.
- Announcing the winning team of the 2018 STEM Fair- The Thunderbirds from Chicago Vocational Career Academy! Their remaining team member, Malcolm Grubbs, wowed the guests with his courage, honesty and heartfelt presentation.
All that said, we’re just $12,000 shy of reaching our fundraising goal and invite you to help us bridge the gap by making a donation that fits within your budget. To further invest in our students, please visit lumity.org/get-involved/make-a-donation/
The photos are now available by clicking the blue button below. Enjoy reliving the night, and if you didn’t get to join us, get a feel for the evening. Pictures are worth a thousand words.