STEM Career Prep
Too many Chicagoland teens don’t have access to learning opportunities, support, and personal networks to successfully pursue STEM in college and as a career. Lumity is changing this.
STEM Career Prep is a comprehensive four-year program embedded in some of Chicagoland’s most under-resourced high schools that prepares students for STEM careers and life. Working with corporate volunteers and classroom teachers, we engage students in intentional, immersive experiences that inspire students and propel their STEM learning—with the goal of success in college and the job market.
STEM Career Prep in Action:
- In-class, interactive lessons that develop STEM skills and professional competencies
- Career awareness and networking with professionals via STEM Talks and Career Site Visits
- Real World Projects/1-Day Challenges in which students work with STEM professionals to design a solution to a school or community challenge
- STEM Fairs & Capstone Projects
- Math and Homework Tutoring
More than 600 students are currently members of STEM Career Prep, with more than 80% reporting improved STEM career competencies.