A Night of Inspiration & Laughter!
On March 25, 2022, Lumity held our Annual Benefit to showcase and celebrate the youth enrolled in STEM Career Prep and STEMWorks and to show our appreciation for our partners!
All seven semi-finalist teams presented their projects during the reception and the two finalist teams who competed in the final stage of this year’s competition were:
- See to Sea team from Thornwood High School coached by Ferrara
- Very Accessible Leisure (V.A.L.) from Von Steuben Metropolitan Science Center coached by CDW and Brookfield Properties
And the winner is…
Very Accessible Leisure (V.A.L.) from Von Steuben! Watch their amazing presentation and see why this year’s judges and the audience voted for them.
Thank you to our 2022 STEM Fair Judges & Coaches
STEM Fair Judges
- Chris Johnston, Managing Director at Accenture and Chair of Lumity’s Board of Governors
- Dan Mohnen, Engineering Director at Arity
- Dhaval Joshi, Co-COO at Creospan
- Heather Boggs, Chief Innovation Officer at Ferrara
- Ben Sanders, Head of Talent Acquisition at Infostretch
- Sreelatha Surendranathan, SVP & Chief Digital Officer at UL and Executive Committee Member of Lumity’s Board of Governor’s
STEM Fair Coaches
- Brookfield Properties
- Clarity Partners
Lumity’s Kevin Phillips showcased STEMWorks graduates: Tulani Butler and Jessica White both of who are launching their STEM careers! We’ve heard that there is a bidding war to hire these young talents!
We are pleased to announce that we exceeded our revenue goal by $80K which will help Lumity serve additional youth, buy supped-up laptops for youth to deepen their digital skills, and experiment with innovative solutions for youth to commute to/from work! Thank you to our 2022 Sponsors and paddle raise donors!
It’s Not Too Late to Experience the Annual Benefit!
If you couldn’t join us in person or virtually, you can watch the celebration here! You can also watch some of the evening’s highlights below.